Monday, October 5, 2009

inappropriate wedding music

I was at an otherwise semi-classy wedding this weekend that featured some horrendous music. A woman was singing horribly sappy lyrics over some prerecorded keyboard song that obviously no one listened to very well prior to the wedding. The keyboardist sucked and kept hitting wrong notes. The best, or worst, depending on your sense of humor, was the song that was played right after the bride and groom kissed. It was, The Theme from Rocky.


I like the first Rocky theme just fine, but I think this Rocky III theme song would have been a better choice don't you?





What horribly shitty songs have you had to endure at someone's wedding?

7 comments:

kdub_nyc said...

At my friend Christy's wedding the band's first song was the theme from Sex in the City (and someone had to tell me what it was b/c I've never seen the show JIMMY CHOO WHO?).

Kitty Stampede said...

Not a wedding for me, but at my husband's dads funeral I started laughing very hard cause the guy singing was soooo bad. He was trying to do opera and well,he sucked. It was so bad...quaking at my husband's dad's funeral. Not the first funeral I've laughed at...I'm going to hell. I just get nervous, than giddy than I start to QUAKE. I've yet to laugh at a wedding but I'm sure I will...woah..off on a tangent..sorry.

kdub_nyc said...

At my grandmother's funeral my aunt picked the theme from Dawson's Creek as the main song. Inappropriate on so many levels.

"I don't want to wait for our lives to be over...."

kdub_nyc said...

Oh, by the way, should I ever get married I want the first dance to be The Smiths' "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" just to freak people out.

essbesee said...

kdub, you are hi-larious, lady. Clorivak, I did the same thing at my husband's grandfather's funeral. Apparently, he was very patriotic and they were playing all this patriotic music and I lost it.

cake. said...

i've only ever been to two weddings, but at one they had a tina turner impersonator which was obviously AWESOME.

Conversation Pieces said...

At the other half's cousin's wedding, the groom sang/recited 'the power of love' by frankie goes to hollywood to his bride as his speech... 'I'll keep the vampires from your door' was my favourite cringe moment!

I'm assuming here that they don't read blogs!!!!